In this posting we will explain how to link two Computer with each other so as to participate in multiplayer video games or share information. We will be actually building a LAN network with two computer systems.
You can do this both utilizing wireless community cards or utilizing a wire. We will be describing the “wired” way. The “wired” way can be performed either utilizing two ethernet cables and a hub or by working with a cross-about ethernet cable which is the most economical and works brilliantly.
Here’s what to do:
Initial you have to physically hook up the two computer systems. Look at that both PCs have LAN community cards. Then all you need is a cross-around cable (Cross crimped RJ45-CAT5). Hook up the two personal computers applying the cross-over cable and the ports of the LAN playing cards.
Now you have to apply some options to the “related” personal computers. We’ll be describing how to do this in Home windows systems. We are going to be referring to the two computer systems as ComputerA and ComputerB. Let’s start the configuration.
– Appropriate click on on “My Computer system” then simply click “Homes”
– Click on the “Personal computer Identify” tab and click on the “Improve…” button
– Transform the identify to the just one you like. For this case in point we will name it ComputerA. Here you can also transform the workgroup title to whatsoever you want but it have to be the identical in equally personal computers. For this illustration we will title the workgoup “OURLAN”.
– Click on Ok
– On to the TCP/IP options… Open up “Management Panel” and click on “Community Connections”
– Your LAN link will look. Suitable click on on its icon and pick out “Attributes”.
– In the “Typical” tab choose “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” then click on “Properties”
– Established the adhering to values:
IP Handle -> 192.168.72.1
Subnet Mask -> 255.255.255.
Default Gateway -> 192.168.72.2
– Click on Ok and you are concluded with ComputerA.
– Suitable simply click on “My Laptop or computer” then click on “Properties”
– Click the “Laptop Name” tab and click on the “Modify…” button
– Adjust the name to “ComputerB”. Also adjust the workgroup name to “OURLAN” (Remeber the workgroup name ought to be the same on equally computer systems)
– Click on Alright
– On to the TCP/IP configurations… Open up “Command Panel” and click on on “Network Connections”
– Your LAN link will look. Correct click on on its icon and find “Houses”.
– In the “Typical” tab select “World-wide-web Protocol (TCP/IP)” then simply click on “Properties”
– Established the pursuing values:
IP Handle -> 192.168.72.2
Subnet Mask -> 255.255.255.
Default Gateway -> 192.168.72.1
– Click on Ok and you are finished with ComputerB.
Now the two computers ought to be connected. If you never see them detecting each individual other attempt to restart them. You can participate in your beloved multiplayer online games utilizing the link approach over. You can also transfer data files and info.
If you want to entry the other computer system just go to “My Community Areas” A excellent idea would be to map a community generate to a area really hard push for easier accessibility.